Tired With Your Dark and Enclosed Rooms? Here Are Some Ways to Make Them Appear Spacious and Bright
If you have your own house, you will love to decorate it with the finest furniture and other stuffs to make your home beautiful. But, it is very important to take note that the space and lighting are two factors to achieve what you want. Not all windows in your house are huge enough to make your interior bright. However, you can make use of few tips in maximizing the light coming in. So, here are some things you can do to improve your home in terms of light and space.
1. One of the best things you can do is to choose a plain and light color for your wall. Doing this makes your place appear bigger and brighter. The problem with using dark colors and bold patterns is that they make your space look enclosed. You can maximize your space by using light, plain and smooth wall. You don’t have to worry that your room will look very plain because you can dress it with the right accessories. This is very important if you are planning to sell your property in the years to come. Plain white wall is appealing to everyone, so redecorating your house for the best price is not very hard and costly.
2. Another way to maximize the light coming in the room is to replace your doors and windows. A door with large glass panels can improve the light coming in the room. You can also consider having sliding glass patio doors. Replacing your window with something that allows more light to come in is a great idea. The doors and windows in the market today are more efficient especially when it comes to energy. This makes spending some worth it.
3. You can accessorize your room with a large mirror. This will not only bring in personality but also makes your room brighter. Position it opposite to the window to bounce the light around. Whatever room it is, a mirror can sure make a dramatic difference.
4. Add the perfect curtains and blinds. This time, you have to pick thinner curtains and blackout roller blind instead of thick curtains and blackout blinds. To make the room brighter, you can just roll the blinds up and down to make it dark. The use of thing curtains make your window very personal while not blocking too much the precious light from the sun.
5. Finally, have additional lights and lamps. The more lights and lamps you have, the more bright your room will be. It is good to have a statement floor lamp when the room is a bit larger.
These are the different things you can do to make your home appear bright and spacious.